This course is designed to teach shooters defensive skills necessary to defend yourself with a pistol. Students will familiarize themselves with drawing and shooting from their preferred carry method (Open or Concealed), reloading, clearing malfunctions, moving and shooting, close quarters shooting techniques and engaging multiple targets. This class is located at our outdoor facility in Bulger PA. This class can last up to 6 hours.
Having students practice realistic scenarios and build their defensive pistol skills.
Drawing from preferred methods (Open or Concealed)
Moving and Shooting
Close Quarters Shooting Techniques
This is not a beginner course. There are no prerequisites for this course but we recommend taking our Intermediate pistol or equivalent before attending this course. Students should be comfortable with their firearms and understand the basics of pistol safety, marksmanship, reloading, and clearing malfunctions before attending the course.
Students will have a better understanding of where they stand with their defensive pistol skills. They will have new drills and techniques they can practice with to enhance their skills.
- Weather appropriate clothing, including closed toe (Class is held at our door facility, on grass or gravel. Rain or Shine. Only stop for lightning)
- IWB or OWB non-collapsible holster. ( The firearm needs to be able to be re-holster one handed. The holster must maintain its shape when the firearm is not in it.)
- IWB or OWB magazine holder.
- Water Source
- Eye Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Firearm (chambered in .380, 9MM, .357SIG, .38SPL, .357 Magnum, .40S&W, or .45ACP )
- 300 Rounds of ammo for firearm. More is always better.
- For Semi Autos, 3 magazines, for Revolvers please bring at least 3 speed loaders or speed strips.
- Concealment Garment ( Over-shirt, vest, wind breaker, button up, etc )
- Range bag to hold all your gear
- Electronic hearing protection.
- Knee Pads
Safety is the primary concern of our instructor. Iron City Armory reserves the right to remove anyone from the course for unsafe behavior on the range without a refund.