Basic Pistol course
The Basic Pistol course can be as short as four hours. In it students will receive lessons in safety, gun handling, the various types of pistols, the fundamentals of pistol marksmanship, various pistol firing positions, several practical exercises on the firing range, cleaning, storage, and a summary of pistol sports and activities.
To teach the basic knowledge, skills, attitude and fundamentals for owning and using a pistol safely.
- Pistol Knowledge and Safe Gun Handling
- Ammunition Knowledge and Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting
- Firing the First Shots (includes cleaning and storage)
- Two-handed Standing Shooting Position
- Pistol Sports and Activities
- Proper Grip
- Correct Sight Alignment
The are no prerequisites for taking this course, and the material is accessible to appropriately supervised mature children.
Students will receive feedback on the live-fire exercise and a course certificate upon successful completion of the lessons.